Mother Teresa Hockey Academy
Open to students in grades 9 and 10, the Hockey Canada Skills Academy will help student athletes improve and enrich their individual hockey skills, while developing their personal fitness. This course will emphasize building character through achieving both athletic and scholastic success. On ice sessions led by highly trained staff, strength and conditioning designed to maximize physical attributes, and a focus on leadership, citizenship and career exploration will position the student athlete to achieve their individual goals.
PAIRED PROGRAMMING FOR SUCCESS
PAL1O - Grade 9 - Large Group Activities & CGC1D Issues in Canadian Geography *
- * Students selecting PAL1O must also select CGC1D when selecting their courses.
- French Immersion Students wishing to take the grade 9 Hockey Course must take their geography course in English)
PAL2O - Grade 10 - Large Group Activities
- 40-50 hours on ice time dedicated to skill development that is transferable to many other activities and learning situations. (no team tactics, systems or games…no shinny here!)
- 60-70 hours will focus on Health and Nutrition, Decision Making and Sexuality, fitness and various other activities which many include broomball, personal fitness, low organizational games, group activities etc.
FEE STRUCTURE FOR HOCKEY CANADA SKILLS PROGRAM
The fee for the program is $300. Full payment is due with the completed registration.
Payment should be made via the link found below. This links directly to the MTS School Cash Online webpage where the payments have been setup.See step #3.
If completed online please attach receipt to application package. The fee is non-refundable without a medical note.
Included in that fee will be:
- 40-50 on ice sessions with a Teacher and/or a Skills Instructor
- Your own Hockey Canada Skills Academy Jersey
- One way transportation from the rink to the school daily
Students are required to provide their own transportation to the arena each day before school when we are having on ice sessions.
The number of sections running will be determined by total enrollment in the course.